So, I did a little more work on my layout design.  My goal was to maximize space for the layout, while still giving plenty of space for the operators.  I did manage to keep the layout all on one level.  However, I did have to compromise on a few things - like having the dock located off the main line in the opposite direction of the yard.  This still works - but, is not as straight forward at the other layout designs.

The one design element that I really liked is the "loads-in/empties-out" concept of the Dock and Beneficiator (Mine).  This allows empty and full cars to be swapped (pushed through the back-drop) without having to manually move them back to a starting point.  This will make it easy to setup the next operating session.

My how things change...

Well, I knew this was coming.  But, I was hoping it would not be for several years down the road (I was hoping for 5 to 10 years).  My wife and I have been talking about moving.  Needless to say, the thought of moving has put a total stop to any RR projects.  It is a basic lack of motivations.  You know - it will all end with a move - so the desire to start any project is squashed by the thought of having to move anything that is done.  And, the design effort comes to a screeching stop as well.  No sense continuing with a layout design for a space that will no longer be available.  So, any RR efforts have all but died.  I still try to stay involved with RRing in some fashion.  But, it is more of the reading variety (and research).  I am hopeful I can do some small efforts on a T-Trak module.  But, I will not be holding my breath.

I will try to keep this site going, and keep it up-to-date.  But, I do not know what will happen in the future.

God Bless......

(added September 12, 2007)